"The Gaelic Language Plans of the Public Bodies are crucial to our work, and it is through these plans that progress has been made with regard to language learning and in encouraging Gaelic speakers to use the language in more and more situations …"
- Bòrd na Gàidhlig Annual Report 2013-14, Chair's Report p7
Mind you, Gilleasbuig thinks the following GLPs, all approved by Bòrd na Gàidhlig, really should be available online (or anywhere) in Gaelic as well as English:
- Glasgow City Council GLP, 2013-2017
- Lews Castle College GLP, 2013-?
- Perth & Kinross Council GLP, 2012-2017
Gilleasbuig does however approve of the parity of esteem shown by NHS Western Isles, whose Bòrd-approved GLP has yet to be published either in Gaelic or English.
|Way to go, NHS Western Isles!|
"It is evidence of how effective the Bòrd has been in terms of collaboration and cooperation with other organisations that at present 36 plans have been agreed and a further 18 plans are being prepared in the public sector …"
- Bòrd na Gàidhlig Annual Report 2013-14, Chair's Report